Arranged through Arc Legal Assistance Ltd, the country’s leading provider of legal expenses insurance to Police Federations, the policy is backed by Inter Partner Assistance, part of the AXA Group. It is designed specifically to meet the needs of police officers and their families.
The policy combines typical household and motor legal expenses covers, negating the need to add this cover to house and motor insurance policies, and includes additional benefits specific to police officers. Up to £100,000 per claim, unlimited for Legal Aid contributions.
- Funds legal representation (solicitors and barristers) for non-duty related criminal prosecutions in Magistrates and Crown Court.
- Legal representation at gross misconduct hearings arising from non-duty related discipline matters where PFEW will not provide funding (indemnity limit £10,000 per claim).
- Civil cover for everyone in the household for purchase and sale disputes, personal injury claims arising anywhere in the World and pursuit of home related disputes arising from nuisance, trespass or eviction.
- Partner & children cover to pursue employment tribunal claim.
- Identity theft protection/ Uninsured loss recovery/ Tax investigations/ School admissions disputes/ Probate disputes / Motor insurer database disputes /Social media defamation / Vehicle cloning.
- Online legal document drafting service which gives access to a range of free legal documents such as wills and powers of attorney (includes letters of complaint eg Pot hole letters to councils).
- 24/7 telephone help lines - any legal matter or tax query, Stress & Debt counselling.
COMPREHENSIVE FAMILY COVER FOR LEGAL EXPENSES - ONLY £2.69 PER MONTH. This amount includes the premium, insurance premium tax where appropriate and our administration fee. All the benefits are available to you and your family, the cost being deducted from salary. Completed application forms should be returned to the Federation Office at Wymondham.
- Download the Legal Expenses Protection Insurance (LEPI) application form (PDF)
- Download the LEPI Policy Wording (PDF)
- Download the Law Assistance Document Service Leaflet (PDF)
- Download the Law Assistance Pot Hole document (PDF)
(Adobe Reader is required to view these files. Download Adobe Reader here).
Legal and Tax Helpline: 0344 770 1058
Use the 24 hour advisory service for telephone advice on any private legal or taxation matter of concern to you. When you call say that you are a member of the Norfolk Police Federation Legal Expenses Scheme, or that you are a member of his or her family. You will be asked for a brief summary of the problem and this will be passed on to an Adviser who will return your call. This helpline is available to anyone over 18 years of age and belonging to the main household of a member.
Lifestyle Counselling Helpline & Online Support Service Helpline: 0800 177 7894
This service can help with a range of problems from practical everyday matters to sensitive or emotional issues. Specialists will help you deal with personal relationship problems, problems with colleagues in the workplace and other issues affecting your general wellbeing. Counsellors and information specialists are also trained to help you with practical problems like debt. The helpline is complemented by a comprehensive online information and support service, through which you can access information and advice on a range of issues and problems which often impact on everyday life. Topics are diverse and include relationships, childcare issues, consumer issues, stress, health and fitness. Information is updated regularly by a team of experienced counsellors and information specialists.
You can access the Lifestyle Counselling Helpline on 0800 177 7894 or you can access the Online Support Service by visiting www.arclegal.co.uk/carefirst where you will be required to enter a username and password which is available from your Federation Office. This service is available to anyone over the age of 18 years of age and belonging to the main household of a member.
George Burrows is a trading name of Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Spectrum Building, 7th Floor, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT. Registered in Scotland. Company Number: SC108909 www.ajginternational.com